The "Red Book" contains the basic information about the EPF, its structure and activities. It is called and known to member as the "Red Book" just because it was originally produced in a red folder. The basic information provided is:
- the general scientific schedule of events of the EPF
- the general scientific schedule of National European Societies
- the EPF's constitution and Bye-Laws
- the EPF's basic financial regulations
- information about the EPF's activities:
- Council Meetings
- Main Conference
- Seminar for Associated Members
- EPF NAIPAG
- East European Seminar
- East European Summer School
A general outline for each scientific activity is provided together with a summary of the S.O.P. (Standard Operational Procedure) for the organization of the event.
The EPF Secretary is responsible for updating the "Red Book".
The Treasurer is responsible for information on financial issues.
The Liaison Member of the Executive provides any update on the event, which is his/her responsibility.